Thursday 8 June 2017

Reflecting on AS coursework

Overall, I was extremely pleased with my AS coursework and felt that I learnt a lot throughout the process of creating a blog, a plan and eventually a final product. The stages that I found easiest and enjoyed the most throughout the process were editing our product and uploading posts to my blog. I enjoyed both of these areas as I feel that they allowed me to be creative and experiment whilst learning new skills.

Whilst carrying out my AS coursework, I found the actual filming of our product to be the most difficult. This was due to a lack of organisation amongst my group, as well as the weather and the location, we spent valuable time travelling to and from the location when we could have selected somewhere closer to film. Also, we decided to change a section of our plot last minute, which made our general filming plan less organised and slightly chaotic. Myself and my group also decided to film in the dark in order to add an eerey, suspenseful atmosphere, however, the dark surroundings made it more difficult to capture some of the shots clearly, this may put us off filming at night in the future.

In order to make the filming process smoother for A2, myself and my group will consider the forecast a few days before filming to ensure that the weather doesn't make filming more difficult, we will also apply more thought to the location and the content so that our organisation can be improved also. Furthermore, if we do choose to film in the dark at any point, we will ensure that we are equipped with the correct tools to allow us to capture the shots clearly.

In regards to blogging tools, I used sites such as Prezi and picmonkey whilst creating my AS blog. I found these sites extremely useful when wanting to present information on my blog in a slightly more varied way. These sites were effective and easy to use, so I am likely to continue using them in my A2 blog as well as incorporating some new methods with the aim to make my current blog more interesting and diverse.


I aim to make my A2 blog more interesting than my AS one by experimenting with different ways of presenting information and exploring certain websites that I may not have come across before. I would like to upload more video responses, after only using the method once on my AS blog. I aim to expand the depth of my posts across my A2 blog also in order to improve the quality and the overall flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation question four